We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I am so sure we can all agree that this year, 2020, has gone by so fast. I do not need to get into details because we all probably have personal stories to tell. Where did the summer go? I do not remember enjoying wearing my me-made summer clothes out of my house much. And right now we need to start sewing for Autumn/Fall and Winter. And I would like to offer you some inspiration for your cold season wardrobe featuring Love Notions patterns.
Love Notions is currently running a 40% off site-wide birthday sale from Monday 5th October to Friday 9th October. This is also the last sale of the year. I hope you are inspired to pick up a few patterns before it ends.
I am both a pattern tester and an ambassador with Love Notions patterns. This means that any purchases you make using the Love Notions patterns links I share on here earns me a small commission which goes to support this website. However, this comes at no extra cost to you and you are under no obligation to use them.
Just in case you are wondering why Love Notions patterns? I have been a pattern tester with Love Notions for over 2 years. I have loved how the patterns are drafted and with the extra attention given in writing up the instructions. These patterns come in a wide size range not forgetting the full bust pieces included on all ladies’ patterns. These are PDF patterns so you should not expect them to come in the mail. The PDF patterns come in 3 versions: A4/ Letter size, AO size and a projector copy. This gives you instant gratification with many options to work with.
Love Notions patterns are drafted for ladies, gents and children. And many adults especially ladies’ pattern come with coordinating kids’ patterns. I would like to share with you patterns I have both sewed up or plan to sew up in groups.
- La Bella Donna (Ladies) and Girls La Bella Donna – This pattern comes in both ladies and girls and can be throughout the year. It comes with various sleeve options. The long-sleeved and the cowl or hood options are perfect for the cold weather.
- Terra Tunic – This is a straight fitting tunic which comes with 5 neck options and 4 sleeves lengths. The long-sleeved with wither a funnel neck or hoody is perfect for the cold weather in a cosy fabric.
- Rockford raglan and Wrigley raglan – These are raglan tee patterns which feature various hem options and sleeve lengths. The Rockford is the ladies whereas the Wrigley is the girls’ version.
- Glissando Pattern – This is the newest pattern which is exempted from the sale. It features shorts, cropped pants and a knee-length skirt. The cropped pants can be lengthened to make them suitable for the cold weather. And the skirt in a heavy-weight fabric would also be perfect when paired with tights and boots. This is exempted from the sale.
- Resolution bottoms – This is such a versatile pattern which I plan to sew up really soon. It features 5 variations; plain leggings, moto leggings, bootcut yoga pants, straight cut yoga pants, and joggers. All these options are suitable for cold weather if made in cosy fabrics.
- Sloane sweater for ladies and Sloane sweater for girls – This is a pullover with various options. It can be made more fitted or with a relaxed fit. It also features any hem options. I have made to ladies’ Sloane sweaters which I hacked to be more fitted.
- Constellation and Navigator Hoodie & Pullover – This is a great layering piece with a zipper option which can be made either as a hoodie or a pullover. I made both of these during pattern testing.
Cardigans / Sweater
- Ladies Boyfriend Cardigan and Girls Boyfriend cardigan – This pattern comes in both girls and ladies version. It is a front open cardigan which can be made with either a shawl collar or a hood.
- Canyon Cardigan – This cardigan is a great layering piece which can be made as either a waterfall, gathered or A-line.
- Octave coat – This was the very first coat I ever made. It features a shawl collar, hood and a wide collar option has recently been added.
Men and Boys
- Dockside and Driftwood Henley & Polo: The Dockside is the men’s whereas the Driftwood is the kids. Both these patterns feature 3 variations: a crew neck tee, a polo and a Henley which when sewn with long – sleeves are perfect for the cold weather.
- North Star and Navigator hoodie and pullover are similar to the ladies’ constellation jumper.
- Samson Sweater: A boy’s shirt pattern which comes with two shirt hems and a hood option. It is a great winter wardrobe stable if made in cosy fabrics.
- Vanguard Kit: This contains cargo joggers and a colour-block long sleeved it.
That is a round-up of my Autumn/fall and winter LoveNotions pattern recommendation. I hope you get round to sewing up some. Which of the patterns shared would you love to have a go at making?
Thank you for stopping by. xx